Bradley and Karen discuss the issues and considerations for a FLOSS project selecting a license.Running time: 00:40:30.
Segment 0 (00:25)
- Bradley mentioned license proliferation. (02:50)
- Karen mentioned the FSF License List. (04:40)
- Although they are saying it too fast, Bradley and Karen are saying the word “Affero”, referring to the Affero GPL. (06:50)
- Bradley and Karen discussed weak copyleft, such as the Lesser GPL. (16:00)
- Bradley mentioned thisSoftware Freedom Law Show:
blog post of his where he says
most developers have traditionally seen a licensing decision as something you think about once and never revisit!. (22:35)
- Karen mentioned the SFLC Primer.
- Bradley mentioned checking if a license is on the FSF License List, on the OSI License List and if it's DFSG-Free before using it. (27:21)
Segment 1 (28:15)
Karen and Bradley debate various issues about license selection.
Send feedback and comments on the oggcast to <email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org>. You can keep in touch with the SFLC on our IRC channel, #sflc on irc.freenode.net, and by following SFLC on identi.ca.