Richard Fontana, Open Source Licensing and Patent Counsel from Red Hat, joins us for an in-depth interview.Running time: 00:33:52.
Segment 0 (00:43)
- Bradley mentioned that the Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat, where Richard Fontana works. (01:50)
- Fontana was involved in the GPLv3 Process.
Segment 1 (11:58)
Interview with Richard Fontana.
- Fontana mentioned “intellectual property” Boutique law firms. (08:52)
- Fontana mentioned the historical concerns in the Free Software community about the term “intellectual property”, such as those raised by RMS. (09:00)
- Fontana mentioned how the SCO vs. IBM lawsuit drew much attention to the intersection of legal issues and Free Software. (13:39)
- Fontana helped draft the various rationale documents during the GPLv3 drafting process.
Send feedback and comments on the oggcast to <email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org>. You can keep in touch with the SFLC on our IRC channel, #sflc on irc.freenode.net, and by following SFLC on identi.ca.