Karen and Bradley discuss enforcement of the GNU General Public License, and in particular the lawsuits recently filed by SFLC against various violators of the GPL.Running time: 00:33:11.
Segment 0 (00:32)
- Bradley mentioned that FLOSS Weekly had a proprietary software guest, Ubuntu One. (01:02)
- Bradley and Aaron Williamson were interviewed on Linux Outlaws about the GPL violation lawsuit. (01:20)
- Listeners will know Aaron Williamson from when he sat in for Karen on Episode 0x18, and was interviewed on Bradley and Karen on the very special episode about SFLC's amicus brief in Jacobsen v. Katzer. (01:25)
- SFLC announced that it filed a lawsuit regarding GPL enforcement. (02:03)
- Bradley misspoke that Tom Hanks (as a guest on Saturday Night Live) played Mr. No Depth Perception. It was, in fact, Kevin Nealon.
- Karen mentioned Bradley's blog post about finding one violation per day. (08:24)
- Bradley mentioned the WRT54G enforcement against Linksys that spawned communities like OpenWRT. (11:36)
- Bradley mentioned that getting build instructions and scripts to
Segment 1 (17:50)
- SFLC's A Practical Guide to GPL Compliance outlines requirements commonly asked of violators when bringing them back into compliance. (18:02)
Send feedback and comments on the oggcast to <email@example.com> or <firstname.lastname@example.org>. You can keep in touch with the SFLC on our IRC channel, #sflc on irc.freenode.net, and by following SFLC on identi.ca.